Modern Foreign LanguagesBack
Why should I choose to study Modern Foreign Languages?
Not only does a Modern Foreign Language GCSE encourage the disciplined study of the target language, but it also promotes the development of oral, written, research, and editing skills. One of the main attractions of a modern foreign language degree is the opportunity to study or work abroad.
Learning a modern foreign language also gives an insight into different cultures and provides an opportunity to work in international affairs or a global company.
How will I be examined?
- Paper 1 - Listening exam
- Paper 2 - Speaking
- Paper 3 - Reading
- Paper 4 - Writing
What will I study?
Theme 1: Identity and culture
- Who am I?
- Daily life
- Cultural life
Theme 2: Local, national, holiday and travel
- Travel and tourist transactions
- Town, region and country
Theme 3: School
- What school is like
- School activities
Theme 4: Future aspirations, study and work
- Using languages beyond the classroom
Theme 5: International and global dimension
- Bringing the world together
- Environmental issues
Recommended text books, additional reading and online resources
- Viva! Edexcel GCSE Spanish Foundation student book , Authors: Rachel Hawkes, Christopher Lillington, Publisher: Pearson
- Viva! Edexcel GCSE Spanish Higher student book , Authors: Rachel Hawkes, Christopher Lillington, Publisher: Pearson
- Edexcel GCSE French Higher, Authors: Clive Bell, Gill Beckett, Anneli Mclachlan
- Edexcel GCSE French Foundation, Authors: Clive Bell, Gill Beckett, Anneli Mclachlan